Thursday, July 9, 2009

Good News

I got a call from the doctors office this afternoon letting me know that everything is in place, insurance has been approved, pre-surgery clinic appointment is set, Dr. Frizzell has everything he needs and we are ready for next week. I felt an immediate change in my stress/anxiety level. Now I can focus on getting everything around the house in order. I am kind of looking forward to all of this. I guess I shouldn't say kind of. I am super excited. How many people can say they have had an upgrade?? And can recharge in the car!!
I got to ask a few of the questions that have been swirling around in my head. I saw the pain doc so we could figure out where the lead needed to be placed. We decided to be prepared and cover the right side of my scalp, down my neck, shoulder, elbow, arm and hand. Since I will have the ability to adjust which area is being stimulated and how strongly, it is better to cover extra space that I might not realize is hurting because the pain in my arm and shoulder is so intense. I hope that my Arnold Chiari book arrives before next week. I want a chance to look at it before I head in.

No comments:

Post a Comment